Standard DoM / Level II Market Depth view doesn't seem to be right?

04 Jan 2016, 17:31Standard DoM / Level II Market Depth view doesn't seem to be right?#1
lorddevilposts: 32since: 03 Jan 2016

Hello everyone,

I am curious about what you can see in the cTraders Standard DoM info screen available for different currencies. As far as I know it should display the level II market depth. But how comes that its always the same Volume on both Sides - BUY and SELL? Does this mean that all our NDD ECN brokers are still market makers and every sell receives a buy and vice versa??? This is pretty strange and confusing or?

I know there are differences between the ctrader brokers as they are all having different liquidity providers, but regardless of those providers its everywhere the same -> Same amount of buy and sell Volumes listed in the cTraders Standard DoM view... so what is this view actually telling us?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

07 Jan 2016, 12:28#2

So noone able to explain this strange behavior? Didn't anyone of you wonder too, why the DoM view is almost the same on both sides - just some minor fluctuation in aggregated price listings... nothing of any value though...

I just wonder because this feature gets advertised as Level II Market Depth, however this can't be true or there is something seriously wrong - maybe Spotware can explain?

11 Jan 2016, 03:58#3
scandiskposts: 19since: 03 Jun 2015

Hi Lorddevil

I was am also wondering about this too! About maybe a 5 months it was working but not anymore?? Also I am wondering if Ctrader is safe from broker manipulation? They claim that the Ctrader is fool proof!!  Time will tell?  It will leak in the news or from some client then eventually I will sue them!

This will be interesting response from Spotware on the DOM????

11 Jan 2016, 14:52RE: Depth of Market#4
MaVeposts: 99since: 24 Aug 2015

Take a look at the Spotware Youtube channel

Video: Depth of Market - cTrader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcC3maFOz2w

11 Jan 2016, 15:01#5

I guess we all know this video, but actually it just tells us how it should work :). Right now as you can see by my initial post this feature is totally useless - the DoM view doesn't seem to work with any broker or there is some bug and/or wrong data.... That's why I hope to get a reply and explanation from Spotware or from a broker... !

I mean it is a advertised feature which right now has absolutely no use at all - really curious because since it effects all ctrader brokers - why there are not more people complaining?

12 Jan 2016, 18:45#6

I am guessing nobody even knows about the DOM features?? Regardless I am sure Spotware will chime in and blame the broker for this or say it's up to your broker to feed this which is probably B.S. This is the biggest problem with Spotware and our brokers both can blame each other without any care for there clients but in reality we are dealing with market makers who will screw you any chance they get!!

12 Jan 2016, 18:57#7

It was working before all the updates because I used trade with it and know not working at all!!  I am waiting to hear back from my broker??? Did you contact your broker?

12 Jan 2016, 20:20RE:#8

scandisk said:

It was working before all the updates because I used trade with it and know not working at all!!  I am waiting to hear back from my broker??? Did you contact your broker?

Nope I haven't talked to our broker yet about this because from what I can see it is happening with almost ALL cTrader brokers (so you maybe right in assuming it is a bug). I have demo accounts at several ctrader brokers - and all are showing the same strange behaviour of almost same sell and buy quantities (all that differs from broker to broker is the amount). So they say they are no market maker brokers but if we can trust the DoM view of cTrader than it would tell us that all ECN's still market makers, thus having the same buy and sell position depth, due to the fact of taking the opposite part...

But since all those brokers advertise being ECN it looks really strange to me (and you say it worked before?)... so Spotware... what do you think about this issue? I mean ATM it is totally useless, but you are advertising this feature as Level II Market depth - so what is happening here?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Oliver

13 Jan 2016, 09:56#9

This post was removed by moderator.

13 Jan 2016, 15:39#10
Spotwareposts: 3276since: 23 Sep 2013

Dear Traders,

Spotware is the technology provider who provides services to brokers. It is up to the Brokers which LPs they will use to stream prices and up to the LPs on how much volume is available for the prices they stream. Due to contractual agreement, we are not at liberty to disclose any information of this type. In general, any questions regarding execution, prices, account should be addressed to your Brokers.

TRADERS FIRST™ Vote for your favorite features: http://vote.spotware.com/